The new AVMSD and platform regulation: challenges for national legislators and regulators.
June 3 @ 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm
The EU’s new Audiovisual Media Services Directive (AVMSD) is an important step for platform regulation in regulation. While new provisions embedded in the AVMSD attempt to increase transparency and reduce content which is seen a problematic online, they also require online service providers to change their terms of services (ToS). This leads to considerable challenges for national legislators and regulators in interpreting the AVMSD in a way which supports fundamental human rights.
To discuss these issues, we have we have invited some of the leading European experts on this topics to participate in a workshop to discuss these challenges:
- Lubos Kuklis, Chair of the European Regulators Group for Audiovisual Media Services (ERGA)
- Joan Barata, Intermediary Liability Fellow, Center for Internet and Society, Stanford
- Krisztina Rozgonyi, Assistant Professor, Media Governance and Media Industries Research Lab, University of Vienna
- Susanne Lackner, Vice Chair, Austrian Communications Authority
- Ben Wagner, Assistant Professor, Information Systems and Society, Vienna University of Economics and Business
As space is limited, please register for the event with Hannah Waltl <firstname.lastname@example.org> if you wish to attend.